North Georgia Trip July 20-22nd

Guys and Gals, The Hotsprings campground sites that we usually reserve were not available. We made decision to move to the north georgia area to get on a river for boating and swimming. We have reserved a house to gather at and use as basecamp. The Location of the Cabin is 34.749740, -84.145509 There are numerous campgrounds in the area for members to reserve sites.

Deep Hole Campground Road - U S F South, Suches, GA 30572

Skeenah Creek Campground 20 Skeenah Gap Rd, Suches, GA 30572

Toccoa Valley Campground 11481 Aska Rd, Blue Ridge, GA 30513

Mulky Campground Suches, GA 30572

We will be bringing canoes, kayaks, tubes to run the Taccoa Rive. There are also some pretty cool roads in the area. There will be a group heading up Friday morning from Bill and Frans at 8am if I recall.

we will be hitting up the Taccoa River Canoe Trail, and are staying right on the river. More info here:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/blueridge-2018/documents/WT2WaterTrailsToccoaRiverTrail-2018.pdf
Where is the club HQ???

I found several hotels in the Blue Ridge GA area. These are all in town.
Reid Ridge Lodge $99
America's Best Value $78
Douglas Inn $99
The Modern Inn $68

Anyone interested in fishing needs to get a GA fishing license. $50 year, or $10 one day+ $3.50 additional days.
https://gadnr.org/license

Last edited:
Just checked the weather for this weekend. Not looking good for a river trip, and worse for camping. Saturday 90% chance of rain, and scattered thunder storms.

Are we still going ahead and take our chances, or rescheduling?

Last edited:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Just checked the weather for this weekend. Not looking good for a river trip, and worse for camping. Saturday 90% chance of rain, and scattered thunder storms.

Are we still going ahead and take our chances, or rescheduling?
Cabin is booked, no cancellation, we're going.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Had a blast. Bennett did not want to get out of the boat. Nora did at the time but is now asking to go back.

FB_IMG_1532212528237.jpg

Side note. Kinda looking for 2 tandem kayaks, a canoe, or a hybrid. If you see something, let me know.

Just an after thought.....
Preston and I paddled, and fished a little in Taccoa Lake on Sunday before we left. Our lodge was 2 min from the local public access, abd very close to the dam.
The lake is a turquoise ish color, and the bottom is visible to about 10-12ft deep.
We got out a little later than expected, so we didn't do so great fishing, but the paddling is awesome, and the lake isn't over run with boats like the lakes here!