NC Camping / Exploring Sept 17-19

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
September 17-19 we'll be going to camp at a piece of private property near Topton NC. This area is near Murphy NC, the Nantahala Outdoor Center, and lots of other interesting stuff.

There may be limited power available, but if you are bringing an RV and need power, please be prepared to supply your own (bring your generator). There are no facilities at this location, so unless you have a self contained RV, be prepared for that also (bring your :poop: bucket)

Last edited:
Its sooooo nice up there. Only inconvenience is the drive, about 4 hours +/-. There is NO Cell service in the camping area, but you can stand by the mailbox and make a phone call, sometimes.

It's very Peaceful and lots of neat exploration.

Powered Spots are taken, but there is a pretty large gravel area, and plenty of open fields. Like Larry said no facilities, There is water onsite.

The address will be sent via PM to anybody that decides to go.

20210731_114039.jpg
20210801_104452.jpg

Is this a "real" Jeep trip or "Minivan" jeep camping trip?

Also if someone was interested in buying a cheap generator to recharge devices and run a small heater whats a decent one that wont break the bank? I know those hondas are awesome but $$$$$

Also if someone was interested in buying a cheap generator to recharge devices and run a small heater whats a decent one that wont break the bank? I know those hondas are awesome but $$$$$
I'm thinking Minivan Jeep. The little Predator inverters are pretty good as well as the Champion inverters.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER

We'll just have the yukon or truck. If things get more serious than that I'll find something else to do.

I second the 2000W predator. I have the 3500W and it's great. If you don't already have a HF credit card, sign up and get 10% on first purchase...

i bought my lightly used honda for 400, I have seen them for 300-500 pretty often on fb marketplace.

Last edited:
We'll just have the yukon or truck. If things get more serious than that I'll find something else to do.
I have knocked around this area for a few years and a few things that may be worth checking out are the road to nowhere in Bryson City, Wayah Bald Lookout Tower that's off the road that leads up to Nantahala lake and the road that runs alongside the Little Tennessee River. It's a dirt road named Needmore Rd. Very pretty drive that passes by a suspension bridge that crosses the river and is still in use.

I have knocked around this area for a few years and a few things that may be worth checking out are the road to nowhere in Bryson City, Wayah Bald Lookout Tower that's off the road that leads up to Nantahala lake and the road that runs alongside the Little Tennessee River. It's a dirt road named Needmore Rd. Very pretty drive that passes by a suspension bridge that crosses the river and is still in use.
you gonna join us for this one?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I'll be going up with one of my doggos. Also plan to head up Friday morning after dropping the kids off at the bus stop.
Awesome. We'll shoot for meeting in Townville or Clayton, GA. Probably in the 10-11:00 range for Townville. Will confirm.

Anyone else going Friday morning?

Then who's coming later?

Last edited: