MCJ Christmas trip 2020 - Uwharrie - Dec 11-13

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Due to covid concerns (you're tired of hearing that, right) we've decided to scratch the meals. The trip will be free for members (camping and trail passes) but no meals provided. I called the Eldorado Outpost and the grill is operating as usual, and we're right around the corner. My plan will be to grab food from there.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I didn't take many pictures, but had an awesome weekend. Best weather for a Christmas trip I can remember.

Things were a little different without the group meals, but the location was excellent. We're hoping to be able to have it there again next year.

51001.jpeg
20201212_113623.jpg
20201212_122048.jpg
20201212_122116.jpg
We got off the trail early on Saturday and did some exploring around the lake.

20201212_142230.jpg

Last edited:
Lots of great times this weekend. The campsite was awesome, but it made me realize how much more I like doing the big group meals and not feel bad all getting together in a big group. We were able to keep it to smaller groups for the most part, but I look forward to next year and doing a big group meal and enjoying the campsite more as a group.

Thanks Brooks for putting on a great event. Also good job on the campsite, what a winner that place was. I hate I had to dip out Saturday evening but do what I gotta do. Great to see many people I haven't seen in years. Below are some photos I grabbed (in no particular order)

Uwharrie37
by Max Thomason, on Flickr

Uwharrie36

Uwharrie30

Uwharrie26

Uwharrie25

Uwharrie24