M38a1 Build

Well picked up another M38a1. It was listed on Craigslist as "Silly Jeep 1952 1968"
I got courious and texted for more info and pics. It looked rather good in the pictures.
I went over with a trailer and $1000 later i was on the way home.

The Jeep is real complete, last running 4 years ago. Gear boxes shifted fine. The tub was Rhino lined and that could be a good or bad thing. For me it turned out to be good. After cleaning out pounds of garbage and stuff and vacuuming i found a rear floor that was wavy but no holes or anything. The only real rust i found was the tool box upper portion by the hinges. The toolbox floor was super clean. It does have the seats.

The plans are to clean the heck out of it and probably not do much to it but keep as is and drive it. Will upgrade the brake MC, and probably put discs up front.

Main things it needs now is a fuel tank, seat cushions, windshield glass.and probably brakes.

Interesting thing is had a Bellview inch in there. controls are still on the dash, under the grill is the lever switch still, the bumper still has the mount. I asked the guy if he had the winch and he said he would look for it.