Hurricane Helene Recovery

Boy what a Rowdy weekend. This storm really rocked NC, but it brought on plenty of damage here in SC also. Internet Service is extremely spotty at our house via 5G and our Internet did not return with the power yesterday. We had tons of trees down on the property, but no damage to the house. I hope all of you are doing ok, if anyone needs help please reach out.

We were pretty fortunate at the house. 7 Leyland Cypress came down on to me but no real damage. Just have to clean up once things settle down. We have been at the in-laws since last Friday morning at 5AM. They had power till 2AM Monday. Had to go to United and rent a tower light for their house to keep things going. FIL's sister is with them and in poor health on Oxygen, etc.

No power yet but hopeful to get it back today or tomorrow based on Dukes updates.

My brother got rocked. House pretty damaged. Shop hit. Sucked not to be able to go help him out but I have been working around here to keep things going.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We were out for 12 hours (6am-6pm) and our circuit came back. The majority of our town is still out, including my parents on one side on a different circuit and neighbor on the other side has trees on his service. We've had a house full feeding, bathing, washing clothes, etc. I'm running my camper gen on my parents' fridges and freezers.

The closest thing we had to real damage was almost lost my car trailer. When the winds calmed down Friday morning we pulled the trailer out but haven't messed with the tree yet. That's 1 of at least 4 hanging trees I have to deal with around here.

20240927_081404.jpg

20240927_143336.jpg
20240927_143340.jpg
Saturday we went over to help Tripp cut his camper out. I tore up the bar on my old ryobi saw. TSC had a Husqvarna bar, so it got an upgrade. It's now a Ryoski.
20240929_112938.jpg

We got hit pretty good but not as bad as others. Got to pickup some new implements and equipment for the cleanup process so I guess we can call it a win. Thankful for some good friends getting the tree off the house, getting the house dried in, starting the rebuilding process.

IMG_1483.jpeg IMG_1486.jpeg IMG_1494.jpeg IMG_1443.jpeg

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I went up to Hendersonville yesterday to help my Aunt and family get down here to Lexington. They are the last house up the mountain in a community. Now that the water has receded it looks a lot like here with trees down, but things are still falling and roads are washed out everywhere. There are 4 ways to get to their neighborhood and supposedly only 1, highway 64, is open. It has a sink hole and is down to 1 lane.

That is just the edge of the real damage up there. It's going to be a mess for a long time.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We've been saying all week that we were lucky to just be inconvenienced. Everyone is OK and no real property damage. We were only out for 12 hours so we were able to help family, friends, and neighbors. We housed my parents through Friday night.

Today was the first time I had a chance to really go out and survey the property. We were incredibly lucky our house and belongings were spared. The amount of destruction around the farm is astonishing. Some of the oldest mature growth is in roads everywhere.

20241005_113011.jpg The ryoski got it done on this one, but it didn't like it. 20241005_124428.jpg 20241005_135248.jpg 20241005_142224.jpg 20241005_143015.jpg This was hanging over the road just behind our house. I was able to get it down but have a few more before trails are safe. 20241005_143714.jpg

Spent the weekend clearing at my house on the trails and at the neighbors house. Finally made it to moms house to cut up the tree that she had removed from her house.