First Meeting Notes

Hey guys, here is the notes typed up from the first meeting if you missed it. Check out the club facebook page if you haven't had a chance yet. Posted some pictures from the pond and working on getting the video up.

Clemson Offroad
Meeting Notes
8/26/12

Dues are $40 for the year includes tshirt, sticker and a koozie (we are currently out of koozies, going to be getting some more made)
We are up for getting a new tshirt design for this year. If you are graphically inclined and want to design something go for it. If we pick your design you get a free shirt. Designs are due by the next meeting, Sept 9th.

Requirements for Offroad Trips
• Full size spare tire (If you have 33s and have a 32” spare to get off the trail that is ok)
• Working seatbelt/harness
• Fire Extinguisher
• CB Radio (Not required but highly recommended)

Trip Info
• We leave on Fridays around 3pm, if you have class after then we may leave later, or will arrange a smaller group to leave later than the main.
• Bring your own food and camping supplies unless we specify that a group meal will be made. If you have a tent, bring it, but we normally have enough tent space if you do not have one.
• Costs include
o Gas
o Camping
o Trail fees
o Food
• Must pay dues before you go on the first trip

First Trip
• September 14-15
• Gulches Offroad park in Laurens SC. Website: Gulchesorvpark.com, if you have never been they have a Gulches 101 video that shows some of the trails in the park
• Around 1 hour 15 minutes away
• Cost is $35 for the trail fees for Friday and Saturday and camping. Passengers are no charge
• Can do a group meal if there are enough people interested, will be discussing that at next meeting
• There are trails for all different size rigs, from stock jeeps/trucks to built offroad buggies. The hard trails have bypasses or access trails to allow the stock rigs to park and watch.

Block Seating
• Heres how it works, you give us your CUID number and we submit the list of members with numbers to IPTAY. We then go pick up the tickets a week before the game, rather than you having to go wait in line at the ticket office. This doesn’t cost you anything.
• Our location in the stadium is determined by attendance. If we have under 70% attendance they will move us from the lower deck to the upper deck, so it is very important for the ticket to be used for the game. If you can’t go give it away!
• An email was sent out about block seating but unfortunately our gmail address book has had some problems so not everyone may have gotten it. We need your CUID numbers by TUESDAY at 3:00pm for the Ball State game.
• If you want to purchase a ticket for a guest/non student you can do that, we just need to know within 2 weeks of the game. I am not sure about pricing, but I believe it is face value?
• Elise picks up tickets and distributes them before the game. You must get your ticket before game day. Contact her at eliseg@clemson.edu

Next Meeting
• September 9th at 7pm
• It will be at me and Chad’s house, we will email the address before the meeting.
• If you plan on attending the Gulches trip you must be at this meeting, email me if that is a problem.
• We will be cooking some bbq or burgers, will most likely be $5 a person. If it is more we will let you know beforehand.

Also please join the Clemson Offroad Club facebook page. We will be using that a lot more often to stay in contact and post events. After you join feel free to upload some pictures of your rig or some wheeling pics.

Had a great time at the meeting and after at the pond. Pictures from the pond will be up on the facebook page soon.

--Clemson Offroad Officers

How do you view the Clemson Offroad Facebook page if you are not affiliated with Clemson university? I wasnt able to view unless I have a clemson e-mail address???

How do you view the Clemson Offroad Facebook page if you are not affiliated with Clemson university? I wasnt able to view unless I have a clemson e-mail address???
You can't view it unless you have a Clemson email account if I recall correctly cause Quinn was trying to do it last night.

I think some of my buddies who went to HWY 11 said they met you there? But yeah I will have to send you a copy of our old shirt/design and see what you think. I'd be very interested in getting some prices.
Not sure but we would do the design work for free and shirt prices would be determined by how many you order. Just let me know!