December 7-9, MCJ Uwharrie Christmas trip 2018

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Yes, 2018. The cabin is booked. More details to come, but expect a very similar trip plan as 2017.

Friday, December 7th we'll be leaving the pilot truck stop at I20 exit 92 at 8:00am. If you want to meet for breakfast, waffle house is across the street, but it is very hard to get a large group out of there. If you eat, go early and come across the road to meet us at 8:00.

We'll head straight to the outpost, get passes, and hit the trails. Once we're able to check in to the cabin, we'll head over there.

Dinner Friday, breakfast Saturday, and dinner Saturday will be included, trail passes for both days, and a bed for $100 ($20 off for members).

I need confirmation by the October meeting.

Paid:
Tim N.
Jim M. +1
Dick B. +1
Faith F. +1
Brooks B. +1
Larry B.
Miller M. +1
Chris T. +1
Jimbo +1
Jody
Dan S. +1, and 2 littles

Going:
Scott P.

Sat only:
Mike M.

Last edited:
Any rules against just showing up for a day to ride trails (not eating or camping with the group)? I haven't been able to make it to the last couple of meetings and I almost completely forgot about this trip.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Any rules against just showing up for a day to ride trails (not eating or camping with the group)? I haven't been able to make it to the last couple of meetings and I almost completely forgot about this trip.
No problem at all. What day are you thinking?

I will most likely aim for heading up there eeeearly Saturday morning so that I can be there before anyone heads out and will drive back that night or may do primitive/ sleep in Jeep camping depending on situation. That being said it may change due to school and what part the Jeep decides to puke up next between now and then. I'm sure this response doesn't help much

So confirming some things before the trip.

cabins have no linens. So bring bedding.
Do they have towels and such?

We are responsible for lunches friday and saturday

Anything else first timers need t know about the cabin?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
So confirming some things before the trip.

cabins have no linens. So bring bedding.
Do they have towels and such?

We are responsible for lunches friday and saturday

Anything else first timers need t know about the cabin?
No linens, pretty sure no towels, yes on lunches.

Just bring whatever your kids need for sleeping.

Hey all, I'm still planing on coming up on Saturday to run trails with the group. Before I forget to ask, where will everyone be before y'all head out and when will you guys try to hit the trails by?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Hey all, I'm still planing on coming up on Saturday to run trails with the group. Before I forget to ask, where will everyone be before y'all head out and when will you guys try to hit the trails by?
We'll be at the Oak Lodge. Be there by 8:30 to be safe.