CUOffroad Meeting Notes 2/10/13

Here's the notes from our meeting yesterday.

Trip is this next weekend! We are leaving February 15th from Bilo at 2:00 pm. The only way this will change is if the rain comes on Friday and is going to pour down all day, if that is the case you will all know before the day of the trip. We would just leave early Saturday morning and camp Saturday night instead. If you are driving or riding please email me or post on facebook so that I can get a list written down. WE NEED FIREWOOD. If you have a way to bring some or have room in your truck for some let me know. You will need food for Friday night for dinner, and maybe something for breakfast on Saturday. They will be catering lunch and dinner at the park, so bring cash if you want to do that.

If there is enough interest we will plan on holding a couple basic fabrication "seminars" for those of you that want to practice your welding and learn some metal fab basics. In order to do this though, we will need to find a source of scrap steel that is preferably free. I discussed that we will be working on a proposal to student government for funding for tools and supplies. If you have any experience with student government or know the funding process, we could use some assistance with it.

Keep this in mind for those of you that want to become more involved with the club, at the end of the semester we will be holding new officer elections. If you are interested in helping to plan trips, run our budget and possibly get us some funds, make sure the club runs smoothly, help with promoting the club etc this would be a great time to seek an officer position. It helps out the resume as well!

Hope everyone has a great week and see you on Friday!

--
-Ronnie Cadorette
CU Offroad Officers
"Pedal to the Floor Since 2004"

Here's the notes from our meeting yesterday.

Trip is this next weekend! We are leaving February 15th from Bilo at 2:00 pm. The only way this will change is if the rain comes on Friday and is going to pour down all day, if that is the case you will all know before the day of the trip. We would just leave early Saturday morning and camp Saturday night instead. If you are driving or riding please email me or post on facebook so that I can get a list written down. WE NEED FIREWOOD. If you have a way to bring some or have room in your truck for some let me know. You will need food for Friday night for dinner, and maybe something for breakfast on Saturday. They will be catering lunch and dinner at the park, so bring cash if you want to do that.

If there is enough interest we will plan on holding a couple basic fabrication "seminars" for those of you that want to practice your welding and learn some metal fab basics. In order to do this though, we will need to find a source of scrap steel that is preferably free. I discussed that we will be working on a proposal to student government for funding for tools and supplies. If you have any experience with student government or know the funding process, we could use some assistance with it.

Keep this in mind for those of you that want to become more involved with the club, at the end of the semester we will be holding new officer elections. If you are interested in helping to plan trips, run our budget and possibly get us some funds, make sure the club runs smoothly, help with promoting the club etc this would be a great time to seek an officer position. It helps out the resume as well!

Hope everyone has a great week and see you on Friday!

--
-Ronnie Cadorette
CU Offroad Officers
"Pedal to the Floor Since 2004"
Sounds like a good meeting. A note about the funding, when I was working with the funding in 2008 we actually talked with student government about what we needed to do to get approved. They will walk you through each step if you have someone willing to talk to them.

Also, The steel place in Seneca, Blue Ridge industrial used to let me dig through their scrap bin for welding practice, I kepts a box of it in my garage for this sort of thing. May be worth asking them.

See yall Saturday!

given somehow i can get all of my stuff done by friday midday i should be able to bring some firewood just going to need something else to weigh the bed down with so it doesn't come off :grinpimp: