CU Offroad Gulches September 15

i'll call ronnie later today. this isn't showin up in my new posts so thats why i didn't post in this thread.

but i'll transfer some pictures from the other thread to this thread later today.

we need a trip report of the shenanigans
Didn't even get out of bed yesterday, apparently all of Clemson got sick and I thought I avoided it. Guess not.. but here ya go.

Not to much to report but here but we left Bilo at around 3:30 to meet up with Gilbert, Chad, and John who left around 12. Got to Gulches and all checked in, once we headed to our campsites and dropped the gear off we hit the trails. We ran TnT rock garden first, followed heart breaker out and then to radical ravine. Mason met this guy Jake on Jeepforum in a pretty sick LJ and he came out and wheeled with us. He flopped on the right side of Radical Ravine and it was the most graceful flop I've ever seen. He only managed to tear his top an inch and got wedged on a tree. After that we hit Palmetto Crossing where I broke a front 30 shaft on the 2nd ledge. Thought it was my locker at first because my driver side stopped pulling a couple times but who knows. I haven't taken the diff apart yet, planning on it Thursday. We rode a little more then went back to camp and ate. After that we hit the trails again, hit skinny pedal then TnT again. Quinn kersploded a 30 ujoint and sent sparks flying. Then Bert pulled a stud out of his housing on the left side of the rock slab and it pulled the 3rd out of the housing. After that Gillis Chad and Bert ran up to Shipwreck and ran that. Bert came back from there with a broken airshock and a twisted axle housing. Not sure if he did it on Shipwreck or on the way back somewhere. Next day ran about everything there and no one broke anything major except Gillis blew his 4th transmission in the JK. Chad busted his tcase linkage but I think that was it.

uploading pictures now.

Last edited:
Whuddafuk?? Did Skip decide to pave the rest of Heartbreaker now?????

And the black Rubicon, is that the one Brad Seaton did the 4-link on a while back? If so, dam that thing has seen some trail miles.

gilbert still has a toyota 8" in his yota I think.
ya ya I was in a typing frenzy and didnt even notice that. Thanks for the input on the trip.

Whuddafuk?? Did Skip decide to pave the rest of Heartbreaker now?????

And the black Rubicon, is that the one Brad Seaton did the 4-link on a while back? If so, dam that thing has seen some trail miles.
And yeah he had to redo the front 4 link and put a 3 link + panhard in. And they filled in the end of it, pretty doable on 35s now. I never would of tried it before.

Last edited:
yea brad did the initial ton swap in my jeep. since then i swapped out the rear d60 for a 14b and added 4 in of wheelbase. the rear 4-link is all new and the front 4-link was converted into a 3-link. Also added some coilovers to the rear. its been on a few trips since then, most of the damage was from windrock and the front yard of rons old house.

ron you forgot about mentioning berts backflip on 3D! it was probably one of the worst rollovers I've seen in my life. it was awesome and everyone was fine including the yota which went up skinny peddle and apple pie right after.

Last edited:
yea brad did the initial ton swap in my jeep. since then i swapped out the rear d60 for a 14b and added 4 in of wheelbase. the rear 4-link is all new and the front 4-link was converted into a 3-link. Also added some coilovers to the rear. its been on a few trips since then, most of the damage was from windrock and the front yard of rons old house.

ron you forgot about mentioning berts backflip on 3D! it was probably one of the worst rollovers I've seen in my life. it was awesome and everyone was fine including the yota which went up skinny peddle and apple pie right after.
Thought that was it. I had heard through the grapevine it changed a lot after you got it back.