Cheap tubs

I would like to get my Jeep road worthy again. It really has too much rot to bother with. Ive been looking at other options. The cheap side of my wants to stretch a YJ tub. Anyways, that gets me to here. The link below lists en entire scrambler body kit for 3,400 or a tub alone for $2,400. This seems too cheap for a steel tub. Anyone used this vendor before?

https://www.dlbensinger.com/shop/body-kit-cj8/

Not going to lie, that's pretty awesome, I wonder how the quality is and what gauge steel they are using. It doesnt seem too out of line compared to the cost of fenders and what not from the repop companies. Its not factory steel, its probably similar quality to much of the import fenders and hoods.

Definitely seems cheap. If you're going to be cutting it up the tub I have may would work fine for you. I'll post some pictures this weekend so you can see what it's working with.

As soon as I saw DL Bensinger, I figured they were selling MD Juan kits. When I clicked the link that confirmed it. They are from the Phillipines and got their start reproducing MB and GPW parts for all of the Jeeps that Uncle left there after WW2.

I've read a decent number of comments over the years on various military vehicle boards about these kits. The quality and fit seems to be hit or miss. Some folks rave about them, some hate them. Then again you know what they say about opinions.... Do some research and see what you think. Good luck.