Air Compressor Outside

I was recently given a pretty decent single stage 220 Volt upright Air Compressor. Im out of room in my shop for anything that could potentially be located outside. What's the consensus on putting my compressor outside in a Water heater hut? Looks like it would fit inside a 30x30 unit. I would have a automatic drain valve on it. and probably pour a small 3x3x 6 concrete pad. I don't think the compressor oil would get cold enough to be a problem?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I was recently given a pretty decent single stage 220 Volt upright Air Compressor. Im out of room in my shop for anything that could potentially be located outside. What's the consensus on putting my compressor outside in a Water heater hut? Looks like it would fit inside a 30x30 unit. I would have a automatic drain valve on it. and probably pour a small 3x3x 6 concrete pad. I don't think the compressor oil would get cold enough to be a problem?
Nope, go for it.

would make for a quieter time in the shop anyway. I feel like most body shops do this.

Air compressors are meant to be outside IMO. Or a dedicated space. You don’t walk into any industrial atmosphere and see a compressor just close to the process.