1946 Willys FrankenFender

It has been a while since i worked on the Jeep. Might as well throw down an update.

After the last update the Jeep sat in the corner of the shop while others came in and out. The motor mounts were just clamped on.

Finally i got time again to work on it

The biggest issue i have is trying to get it to have enough room for an air cleaner.

Here it is with the hood on checking for air cleaner clearance

I had to trim the top of the advanced adapters mounts to get the things to sit lower to get the air cleaner clearance.
I was fighting the mounts, just did not want to play nice. Front to back it looked good but side to side it was not even, i was about a 1/2 inch higher on one side and i could not get it to come down even after pounding on things and moving things.
I finally said heck with it i can live with the 1/2 inch difference.

I tacked the mounts in pulled the engine out and full welded it in.

THEN the OCD kicked in. I had the frame in the air and i was just looking at the mounts and not liking them. The engine bolts in to it fine but now as i eyeball it, they are all catywampused and looked like crap to me. Just not happy

So then i cut them out and went back to making my own mounts. I used a set of Chevy saddle mounts for my Land Rover and it worked fine. So I welded up some mounts for the engine side

I got my saddle donuts and clamped

This is it for now. I should get things measured and finished tomorrow. The bracket on the frame rail will be gusseted.
This setup is much cleaner for my OCD and actually gives me a touch more room for the steering shaft and the best thing is i will be able to get my side to side level done evenly and I can set my engine down to have my air cleaner clearance.

I had a 4 day weekend and got lots of things finally done to the Jeep.

The motor mounts are final welded and painted.

The chain clutch linkage installed and my pedals put back on.

I made my bracket for the lower portion of the steering column.

Also the lower radiator mount was welded to the frame.

This week I am waiting for my T90 rear bearing adapter thing to show up so i can bolt the trasnfercase on.
I also ordered new pushrod, shaft bushings and a center mount for the pedals since they were super wore out when i put the pedals back on.
Once that is done, I can lower the body on the frame and bolt it down permenantly